Edmen Group ("Edmen") is committed to protecting the privacy of the personally identifiable information we collect from you.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times.
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act apply to the Edmen Group of Companies ("Edmen").
This Privacy/Collection Statement indicates the type of information that may be collected by Edmen in the running of our business and how this may be used. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
What personal information is:
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifi cations, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is:
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affi liations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information:
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Edmen to provide you with recruitment services for our own use and in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fi ll out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used:
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our identifi cation of your training needs;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of the company;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong:
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How to contact us:
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact:
Privacy Offi cer
210 Shellharbour Road
Warrawong NSW 2502
Phone: 02 4276 9800